SOS Husted names May at “Main Street Ohio” Month
Secretary of State Jon Husted has announced May as “Main Street Ohio” Month. Throughout the month, Ohio Business Profile will highlight select family-owned or independently operated businesses that are considered staples in their community.
“In almost every city or small town, there’s a business that provides pride and joy in that community,” Secretary Husted said. “Fortunately, many of these businesses have been around for a long time and they help create generational memories for many families in our state.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Dietsch Brothers(Findlay, Ohio) has been a staple in the Findlay community for over 80 years. They manufacture and sell over 60 varieties of old-fashioned ice cream and over 90 varieties of fine chocolates, truffles, kettle corn and roasted nuts.
- E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. (Grove City, Ohio) started as a stop on the Underground Railroad and has flourished into a successful moving company. Their team honors their distinguished legacy by embodying service with dignity and strong moral character.
- Farmers & Merchants State Bank(Archbold, Ohio) serves the financial needs of individuals, farmers, businesses and industries by offering traditional banking products, along with online, mobile and telephone banking products. Since starting in 1897, they have been committed to the growth of Northwest Ohio and Northeast Indiana.
- Georgetown Marble and Granite Company(Georgetown, Ohio) is a fourth generation, family-owned business. They are a full service monument company offering products such as mausoleums, benches and cemetery lettering.
- Kewpee Hamburgers(Lima, Ohio) is owned by The Kewpee, Inc., which locally owns and operates three of Lima, Ohio’s iconic quick-service hamburger restaurants. Their focus is sourcing ingredients locally, corporate citizenship through philanthropy and creating a safe and inclusive work environment.
- Kroner Dry Cleaners(Cincinnati, Ohio) has been providing professional garment care since 1939. They blend “hands on” care with the latest technology available to deliver a beautifully finished product in an earth-friendly environment.
- Longview Barber Shop(Columbus, Ohio) opened in 1919 by a returning World War I soldier. They have since mastered the feel of a traditional, neighborhood barber shop.
- Tope’s Furniture Galleries(Osgood, Ohio) specializes in custom designed interiors to satisfy their customers’ style and needs for comfort. They also offer complimentary design services for all of their customers.
Published in OhioMBE – May 15, 2018