The Wright Behavioral Health Group
Larry James, Ph.D.—Owner
Colonel retired (Dr.) Larry C. James, Ph.D., ABPP is a nationally recognized expert in national security, defense issues, clinical psychopharmacology and Clinical Health Psychology. He is currently the President; CEO of the Wright Behavioral Health Group, LLC and a Professor at Wright State University.
Previously he served as the Associate Vice President for Military Affairs at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. Prior to that assignment, he served as the Dean, School of Professional Psychology, Wright State University from 2008 to 2013. He received his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology at the University of Iowa and a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Behavioral Medicine at Tripler Army Medical Center. He was the Chair, Department of Psychology at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the Chair, Department of Psychology at Tripler Army Medical Center. He was awarded a Bronze Star and the Defense Superior Service Medal.
In his nearly three-decade military career. Colonel James has had many deployments. Most notably, he deployed to Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Colonel James distinguished himself during these deployments and is one of the nation’s military officers who was credited with putting policies and procedures in place to prevent abuse. He has lectured internationally and has published eight books with several others in press and has published over 100 professional papers and conference presentations.
Product/Service: Behavioral Health Treatment, Research & Consultation
· provides comprehensive behavioral health services to at risk populations such as the homeless
· provides mental health services to disabled veterans
· conducts high level research
· consults with industry, schools & military
· hired 15 employees in last two years
· provided training opportunities for graduate students
Community Service Activities:
· developed and provided a Pro Bono comprehensive behavioral health program to a homeless shelter
· served on board of directors for Miami Valley Housing Opportunities for the Homeless
· served on the board of directors for the Wright-Dunbar Community Association
· served as a mentor to minority and woman high school, college & graduate students
· served as a mentor to disabled veteran college students
The Wright Behavioral Health Group, LLC has filled a major void in the delivery of behavioral health services in the Dayton
metropolitan area. Dr. James and his staff have provided their expertise to a very vulnerable population and those who have been forgotten.
The Wright Behavioral Health Group has saved the lives of many veterans who are at high risk as well as many patients who have no insurance.
The company has a commitment to diversity and the training of mental health professionals who desire to work with an undeserved population. Since the company was created in 2014, it has been involved in the development and training of 25 Clinical Psychologists who are now working with an under served population.