A. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Daimler Group, Inc. is the Developer/GC and we are seeking subcontractor bids for the construction of a new 7,300 SF 2 story mixed use office building located on a previously developed urban infill site. The building will consist of a wood structural frame, salvage and restoration of portions of the existing building façade, mass and selective demolition, brick veneer and brick tuck pointing and restoration, aluminum storefront/curtain wall/entrances, membrane roofing. The site is currently occupied by two existing buildings which will require demolition and shoring / maintenance of an existing building façade to be reused and incorporated into the completed project. Note: Due to diverse funding sources, portions of this project will require payment of prevailing wage rates. See subcontractor scopes of work in Bid Form to determine prevailing wage rate requirements.
B. BID INSTRUCTIONS
1. BID DUE DATE- Bids are due no later than 10:00 am (Eastern Standard Time) on Wednesday, April 26, 2016 and must be submitted electronically via email to the following: The Daimler Group, Inc. Attention: Chad Blind, Estimating Manager Email: email@example.com
2. Please note that all bid proposals must be submitted on the project bid form for the following divisions. Incomplete bid forms may be cause for rejection of bid. Subcontractor’s letterhead proposal forms are permitted to be submitted as a supplement to the project bid form. Concrete, Paving & Striping, Mass Demolition, Insulation, Masonry, Glass/Aluminum, Brick Restoration, Drywall & Acoustical Ceilings, Metal Fabrications, Paint/Wall Covering, Earthwork & Site Utilities, Flooring, Landscaping Specialties, Carpentry / Siding / Selective, Elevator, Structure Removal, HVAC, Millwork / Casework / Countertops, Plumbing, Roofing, Fire Protection, Caulk / Sealants, Electrical, Doors/Frames/Hardware, Signage, Waterproofing
3. The Bid Form, which includes the Bid Package Descriptions, will be made available at our Office and on the ShareFile site (refer to section C below for access to ShareFile). Bid proposals for work items other than listed above may be submitted on subcontractor’s standard letterhead proposal forms.
4. General schedule parameters for this “pad ready” site are as follows: Start Date: May 1, 2017 Building Dry-In Milestone Date: August 8, 2017 Substantial Completion Date: October 25, 2017
5. This Project is Tax Exempt.
6. Note: Due to diverse funding sources, portions of this project will required payment of prevailing wage rates. See subcontractor scopes of work in Bid Form to determine prevailing wage rate requirements.
C. CONTRACT DOCUMENTS
1. Contract Documents can be purchased as follows: Key BlueprintsColumbus Location: 195 E. Livingston Avenue or on Key Plan (www.plankey.com) Phone: 228-3285 Fax: 228-7592
2. Contract Documents are available for download as follows: Refer to the ShareFile link below or click on link in the RFP email https://daimlergroup.sharefile.com/d-s83145e57f35480f9
3. Contract Documents are available for review as follows: The Daimler Group, Inc. 1533 Lake Shore Drive Columbus, Ohio 43204
4. Please contact Kimber Sleeper at 614-488-4424 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance acquiring the Contract Documents from the ShareFile site.
D. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Contractors interested in submitting a Bid Proposal need to email Contractor information to email@example.com to identify themselves for pre-bid Addendum information (if applicable).
2. The Daimler Group, Inc., will solicit bids for this project. While the bid process is open to all subcontractors, those subcontractors wishing to submit a bid proposal need to consider the size, scope and construction schedule requirements of the project.
3. No substitutions or alternate pricing are to be included in the lump sum base bid. If substitutions or alternate pricing are provided for value added purposes, please clearly delineate the voluntary alternates. Any substitutions or clarification amounts are to be indicated on a separate document. Additional bid information/details may be included on a separate document to assist with the bid/scope review process. Review of substitutions/clarifications will be at the discretion of The Daimler Group, Inc.
4. Bidders shall bid all alternates as shown on the bid form (if applicable).
5. Any and all questions concerning bidding procedures or requirements shall be directed to: The Daimler Group, Inc. 1533 Lake Shore Drive Columbus, Ohio 43204 Attn: Chad Blind firstname.lastname@example.org (614) 488-4424
6. Evidence of liability and worker’s compensation insurance will be required by all subcontractors prior to starting work in the field.
CUL HUNTINGTON EMPOWERMENT CENTER RFP