Council Hosts “Courthouse to the Community” Events
Councilmembers Jaiza Page, Michael Stinziano, and the City’s Department of Neighborhoods, are hosting “Courthouse to the Community” resource fairs throughout Columbus.
These events aim to connect residents with local court services.
“Council is always looking for ways to engage with residents out in the community,” said Page. “This is another opportunity for us to help provide vital resources and information.”
Events will be held at the following locations:
- Thursday, September 6, 5:30-7pm, The King Arts Complex, 867 Mt. Vernon Ave.
- Thursday, September 13, 5:30-7pm, Glenwood Community Recreation Center, 1888 Fairmont Ave.
- Tuesday, October 2, 5:30-7pm, Gillie Community Center, 2100 Morse Rd.
“These events highlight wonderful services that are readily available to residents to help them meet their needs,” said Stinziano. “The local courts, along with a number of providers, contribute to the health and safety of our neighborhoods, and Council is committed to our continual investment in them.”
Representatives from the City, County and non-profit organizations include but are not limited to:
- Columbus City Attorney’s Office, including the Domestic Violence Unit
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas
- Franklin County Municipal Court
- Franklin County Municipal Clerk of Courts
- Franklin County Municipal Court Landlord-Tenant Services
- Franklin County Environmental Court
- Franklin County Justice Expo and Health and Wellness Fair
- Franklin County Juvenile and Domestic Court
- Franklin County Public Defender Office
- Franklin County Probation Department
- Franklin County Self Help Resource Center
- Franklin County Small Claims Division
- Mediation Clinic and Research
- Community Mediation Services
- The Legal Aid Society of Columbus
Published in OhioMBE – Sept. 1, 2018 – pdf