Construction and Project Management Consulting Services
DATE OF ISSUE: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
DEADLINE: Friday, November 16, 2018
BACKGROUND AND NEEDS:
The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) seeks to obtain price quotes from firms that specialize in construction and project management consulting services. The selected firm will be tasked with representing MORPC (Tenant) throughout the planning, design, pre-construction, construction and post-construction periods of the project in accordance with all ADA Regulations. Plus, the selected firm must create needed RFP’s for the project as they relate to MORPC’s required guidelines. Examples of such RFP’s might include furniture acquisition, data and cabling needs, etc. This firm will also work with MORPC’s landlord in setting clear project goals, review and recommend materials, specifications on scope of project and provide guidance related to disadvantages and advantages on all aspects of the project, along with negotiating cost. The selected firm will also help build and drive the architectural relationship of the project, assist with selection of the general contractor, and coordinate with a general contractor for the project to represent the best interests of MORPC.
Ideally the selected firm will:
- Propose and perform functions and tasks consistent with the above needs.
- Organize and manage the design/planning and construction process with
MORPC’s best interest in mind throughout all phases of the project.
- Provide regular updates to MORPC through an agreed upon communication This communication process may include face-to-face meetings, tele- conferencing, email or any suitable methods agreed upon by MORPC and the selected firm upon execution of agreement for services.
- Seamlessly work with MORPC and other contractors such as selected architect, furniture vendor,
- Exercise strong communication skills when working with MORPC, contractors, and
- Work to keep project on budget and on-time, working to obtain the best value for
- Ensure that all phases of the project provide opportunities for qualified disadvantaged vendors to submit
BUDGET: Up to $49,000 SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
To be considered quotes must be in either printed (if printed four  copies must be delivered) or PDF (email, jump drive or CD) format. Submission must include background information on the firm and individual(s) to perform the work. Quotes must include a breakout of costs by area or function to be performed with anticipated hours. Firms may include additional functions to be performed if believed to provide value to MORPC. Quotes will be received by MORPC until 2:00 p.m. (EST) Friday, November 16, 2018.
Submit Quotes to:
Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission Attn: Operations, Shari Saunders
111 Liberty St. Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43215 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the related nondiscrimination statutes, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, all bidders including disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, low-income status, or limited English proficiency in consideration for an award.
Small, minority-owned, or woman-owned businesses are strongly encouraged to apply.