There are several reasons why you should get your business certified:
- Some entities have purchasing goals. Only certified businesses can participate.
- Certification adds legitimacy to your business. You have gone through a process that has determined that your business is owned and controlled by a minority, woman, or disadvantaged business.
- Certification can afford you loan and bonding opportunities. The State of Ohio has loan and bonding programs specifically for certified minority-owned businesses.
- Certification can be a marketing tool for your business. You can add your certifications to your marketing materials, business cards, website, etc. Many consumers like during business with a veteran, minority, or women-owned businesses.
- Certification can be used in the private sector. Many companies don’t have a certifying program but in an effort to have supplier diversity, will accept the certifications from some governmental agencies.
Attend Certification Saturday Online August 8 or August 22 to learn how to get MBE, FBE, LEDE or DBE certification. The class topics will include the certification process, local certifying programs, and what documents to submit with your application. We will review the City of Columbus application.
Reserve your spot at OHBDC.eventbrite.com
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.