Equipment Operator I
Franklin County Engineer Cornell Robertson is seeking to fill multiple Equipment Operator I positions at our East and West Maintenance Facilities. The Equipment Operator I position plays an integral role in the overall operations of our office, serving as a valued work crew member in highway maintenance. The pay range for the Equipment Operator I position is currently $23.56 per hour to $27.80 per hour.
What You’ll Bring:
A positive attitude and demonstrated ability to contribute to the overall success of the team, department, and organization.
Here is Some of What You’ll Do:
- Operates various motorized equipment for road maintenance (small roller, tractor, tandem dump trucks, snowplow, pickup, );
- Hauls equipment and workers; picks up, delivers material for road maintenance and construction (sand, gravel, asphalt, salt).
- Performs litter pick up;
- Retrieval and disposal of dead animals from right of way;
- Operates air hammer, pick, chainsaw, weedeater, chipper, ;
- Digs ditches, rakes asphalt, cuts brush;
- Performs roadside mowing;
- Removes asphalt and debris, ;
- Performs other miscellaneous laborer duties;
- Follows and upholds all safety rules, regulations, and
We provide for safe and efficient movement of people and goods from place to place by designing, building, and maintaining Franklin County’s roads, bridges and infrastructure for multiple modes of transportation. We are an agency of action, innovation, and collaboration.
Why Choose Franklin County Engineer’s Office?
The Franklin County Engineer’s Office is a great place to work! We love our jobs, our co-workers, and our work environment. In addition, we offer a rich benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, prescription, and life insurance. The Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System provides retirement benefits. We have a generous leave plan.
Applications will be accepted until the interview process begins (late April/early May). The Franklin County
Engineer’s Office is an Equal Opportunity employer.