Haleema Shafeek was been awarded the 2015 Frederick J. Yates Memorial Scholarship. The FJY Memorial Scholarship, honoring the contributions of former City of Columbus EBO Director and minority business advocate Fred Yates, was created in 2012 with proceeds from the city’s Small Business Conference to recognize an outstanding minority owned business. The awardee will receive full tuition to the Tuck Executive Education minority business program.
Haleema is the owner of Green Office Furniture Solutions, a commercial design firm offering products and services with a sustainable focus. In business since 2008, GOFS, LLC offers a full-line of services which includes interior design, space planning, project management, delivery and installation.
GOFS, LLC is well ingrained in government contracting and while holding its own GSA schedules. The company has been awarded over 100 contracts to date totaling more than 3.5 million.
Haleema has over seven years of business management experience, 19 years of professional design and project management experience in Corporate, Healthcare and Government Industries.
Haleema holds a professional degree in Interior Design and is a Disabled U.S. Army Veteran. She served during Dessert Storm.
Haleema offers her professional experience with a vast working knowledge various commercial product lines. Her experience in project management has helped to maintain a sensitivity to schedules and construction processes with timelines. Products include commercial furniture, office supplies, medical furniture and medical supplies.
Haleema collaborates with other industry professionals to create professional teams that enhance the design-build process and reduce stress for clients, while helping each company grow.
Green Office Furniture Solutions, LLC has received both high recognition and the following awards:
- June 2014 – Feature Article in “Vetrepreneur Magazine”. “I’ts Easy Being Green”.
- March 2013 – NSBA (National Small Business Aassociation) annual White House Meeting attendee – Addressed by President Obama
- January 2012 Served as a Small Veteran Business Advisor, meeting with the former Secretary of The Department of Veterans Affairs- Mr. Erik Shinseki in Washington, DC
- November 2011 – Served as a Small Veteran Business Advisor, meeting with the former Secretary of The Department of Veterans Affairs -Mr. Erik Shinseki in New Orleans, LA
- February 2011 – Semi-Finalist for the TechColumbus Green Innovation Award
- 2011 – SBA Veteran Business Champion
- 2010 – Athena Powerlink Columbus chapter Advisory Board recipient
- 2009 – Columbus Business First Top 28 Government Contractors
Haleema is the mother of two ( 16 year old son Antonio – Engineering student at Tolles Carrer Center ( Hillard Darby) and 5 year old Nia, Kindergardner at Columbus Preparatory Academy).